How To Ski Moguls With More Control | Final Thoughts
There are many variables that you can manage to provide more speed control when skiing moguls and powder terrain. You can:
- Drift, rather than carve, your turns for maximum speed control.
- Incorporate use of your eyes into your movement pattern to improve control and turn accuracy.
- Decelerate before initiating each new turn.
- Use a slow entry pace at the beginning of each now mogul run.
- Don’t make a new turn if you find yourself skiing too fast for comfort
- Don’t feel compelled to turn at your intended turn location if the terrain looks too challenging when you get closer. Instead, keep drifting until you find a more “friendly” turn location.
- Avoid skiing in mogul troughs unless the terrain is not steep and/or the moguls are far apart
- Ski a wider, rather than narrower, corridor down the mogul run.