Best Deals On Aspen Lodging And Discounted Lift Tickets
While we’re experts in skiing, we aren’t experts in getting the best lodging deals for Aspen. The rates and packages change too frequently for us to keep up with all of it. Fortunately, Stay Aspen Snowmass (SAS), Aspen’s official central reservations group, are experts in lodging and lift ticket deals for Aspen Snowmass. We highly recommend them because:
- SAS staff live and work in Aspen/Snowmass area.
- They partner with the Aspen and Snowmass Chamber Resorts along with the Aspen Skiing Company to offer great discounts on lodging and lift tickets. They also sell airfare on United and American Airlines with access to last seat availability on United Airlines flights.
- SAS has access to all the hotels, condos and lodges in the area.
- You’ll find great package deals on lodging and lift tickets!
We do have a few suggestions to make your travel planning easier.
- We primarily teach on Aspen Mountain so we highly recommend you book lodging in Aspen.
- If you book in Snowmass you will be able to take a free bus service between Snowmass and Aspen that will drop you off one block from the base of Aspen Mountain. However, please allow 45 minutes for the ride. That means you’ll need to catch an 8 am bus from Snowmass.
- Don’t rent a car if you fly into Aspen Airport. The airport is just 3 miles outside of downtown Aspen. Once you arrive at the airport you can take a cab, the bus or many lodges provide airport transportation into town. Parking in Aspen is very limited and expensive. There is *no* all-day parking at the base of Aspen Mountain. The only all-day parking in the town of Aspen is at the Rio Grande Parking Garage, a 10-15 minute walk from the base of the mountain. Aspen is filled with great restaurants that are all an easy walk within a 4-6 block area.
- Because the Aspen Airport is at high elevation, it is highly subject to weather delays in Winter. We recommend that you plan to arrive at least one day prior to your clinic or lesson, 2 days if possible. This will also give you time to acclimate to our altitude. We strongly recommend you take your ski boots, prescriptions and any other ‘must have’ items as carry-on luggage should your flight get delayed. Ski clothing and gear can be rented locally if your luggage doesn’t arrive when you do.
For more details on travel planning, renting vs bringing skis, and what to bring for your clinic or lessons, please review our detailed FAQ.