Highland Bowl: The Holy Grail of Colorado Skiing
BOWL FOR BOOMERS is a private ski lesson program for confident and aggressive Boomers who want to test their limits. It offers the opportunity to ski Highland Bowl.
Many of you know about Highland Bowl. It’s the Holy Grail of Colorado skiing. Featured in Warren Miller movies, the Bowl has some of the steepest and most extreme in-bounds terrain in the state of Colorado. It is definitely the Ultimate Challenge, but with corresponding rewards.
Skiing Highland Bowl requires a strenuous 45 minute, 782 vertical-foot, high altitude hike up a snow-covered ridge line to the 12,392 ft. summit. From there it is an exhilarating 1,460 vertical-foot elevator shaft descent down slopes that range from a 33 to 42 degree pitch. It is a ski experience that is not to be forgotten and it is guaranteed to make you an apre-ski legend in the bar.
Introducing BOWL FOR BOOMERS
The BOWL FOR BOOMERS program is designed to be a “graduate” level ski experience for aggressive skiers who enjoy testing their limits.
There are prerequisites and admission requirements to the BOWL FOR BOOMERS program
They are as follows:
- Highland Bowl must be open and skiable (given weather and snow conditions)
- you must first complete a 4-Day BUMPS FOR BOOMERS ® clinic
- you must be in sufficient physical condition to hike to Highland Peak
- you must feel confident to accommodate physical activity at high altitude
- you must pass our subjective confidence test that you are able to safely ski Highland Bowl
BOWL FOR BOOMERS is an Aspen private lesson program. Private lesson rates of $925 per day apply with a maximum of two people.
Please call us at 970-989-2529 to inquire about booking BOWL FOR BOOMERS private ski lesson.
Private lessons require payment in full at time of booking.